The Scheme involves the coordination of various stakeholders, conduction of survey, identification of training partners/ centres, development of content, selection of beneficiaries, imparting training, creating awareness and advocacy, monitoring, conducting examination, certification, conducting concurrent evaluation, etc. This requires the need for a dedicated Programme Management Unit (PMU) with adequate presence at State-level.
CSC e-Governance Services India Limited, a Special Purpose Vehicle (CSC SPV) is strategically positioned to implement the Scheme for IT Mass Literacy and hence has been appointed as the PMU for the smooth implementation and monitoring of the Scheme across the country. The PMU has the responsibility to provide the desired support to DeitY and State Agencies in Programme Design, Development and Implementation like development of curriculum, developing an online monitoring mechanism for registration and learning of beneficiaries, conduct workshops, events, and so on.
The implementation, management and monitoring of the Scheme would be carried out by the PMU. The PMU has the following objectives:
- Coordination with various stakeholders both at the State and District level.
- Development of Curriculum Framework/ Courseware.
- Setting up accreditation norms for training centres in consultation with accrediting agencies like NIELIT, etc.
- Put in place an online monitoring mechanism for registration, monitoring and training of beneficiaries.
- Examination and certification norms in consultation with NIELIT, IGNOU, Industry, etc.
- Conducting workshops/ seminars and other awareness campaigns for various stakeholders to create awareness about the Scheme.
- Overall coordination, implementation and management of entire scheme. Ensuring that all the deliverables are completed within the allotted timeframe and budget.